5 ORIGINAL ACTIVITIES TO ENJOY SUMMER IN BARCELONA
Foto Zsuzsanna Tóth en Pixabay
5 original activities to enjoy summer in Barcelona
Longer days, sun, the beach packed, terrace bar crawls, intensive schedules and so on. These are just some of the many reasons why we love summer in the city. Barcelona is a cocktail made of fun, in which culture, sun, tapas and a sunny beach. If you´re planning a short break, choose to stay in touristic appartments to live the city intensely. And by the way, take note of this selection of five original plans to enjoy summer in Barcelona.
1. Visit the Icebar. An intimate bar between -5ºC and -10ºC. Enter to an incredible world in which everything is made out of ice, from sculptures to cups. The perfect solution to escape the stifling heat of the city. You will find us in Somorrostro Beach, so if you rent your apartment in La Barceloneta, you can walk ten minutes by the beach to arrive.
2. Cool off in a water park. Skip the heat and sunny hours to glide along long slides and dive into the cool water in one of the city's water parks. A relaxing day where the laughs among yours are guaranteed.
3. Cinema under the stars Sharing a movie in a park or at the beach is a different way to feel the city when the sun comes down. Chill out and enjoy a good movie outdoors, either under the impressive Montjuïc Castle or feeling the sea breeze of the beach.
4. Discover summer festivals and popular fiestas. Barcelona is full of surprises and the city is filled with parties and festivals, specially in summer. Undoubtly, one of the most popular is the Fiesta de Gràcia, where you can dance with in concerts outdoors or gaze at the majestic carrer (street) decorations made by neighbors. Enjoy of memorable nights of fun.
5. Beach sports. One of the most striking tourist spots in Barcelona are its beaches. Live and enjoy the experience of a paddlesurf board. Few are the lucky ones who can enjoy one of the most spectacular views of Barcelona from the Mediterranean Sea. Whether at sunrise or sunset, this water sport, which has more and more followers, is simple, fun and relaxing.
Make your mind up and plan your summer holidays in Barcelona right now, a city you will fall in love with.